Would you like to sponsor a poem at ‘Poets’ Corner’ in Horsham Park? There are nine sponsorship opportunities available for local businesses each costing just £95.
This is an opportunity to:
– promote your company to thousands of visitors to Horsham Park
– support Horsham Park and the Friends of Horsham Park – a voluntary group who aim to protect, enhance and promote Horsham park
– support the 2019 Horsham District Year of Culture – this is a Year of Culture project created by the Friends of Horsham Park to celebrate the park and our local poetry heritage and talent
– link your company with the sentiments in the poem you sponsor, such as the importance of nature, friendship, physical activity or community/green space.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor and enjoying all the benefits this can offer, please let us know by 7 June, so that we can include your details in our publicity.
An area of Horsham Park is being transformed into ‘Poets Corner’ as part of the Horsham District Year of Culture celebrations.
‘Poets’ Corner’ comprises 12 tree trunk seats in a popular part of Horsham Park. On each seat a poem will be displayed to create a visitor attraction, as well as a place for groups to sit. Three poems have been selected to celebrate our local famous poets – Percy Bysshe Shelley, Hilaire Belloc and Julia Donaldson (of Gruffalo fame).
The other nine seats will display the winning, 2nd and 3rd place poems from a poetry writing competition in three categories; adults, senior and junior schools. We are seeking sponsorship for these nine poems.
Over 100 entries were received in response to a poetry completion which coincided with National Poetry Day in 4 October 2018. The standard was so high that it was decided to make this a more permanent feature of the park and hence the need for sponsorship now.
The sponsorship opportunity:
– Your name and logo will be on the poetry seat sign – saying: ‘This poem is sponsored by [company, logo].
– It is anticipated that the site will be in place for at least five years so this is an opportunity for thousands of visitors to the Park to see your name.
– In ongoing publicity about Poets’ Corner and at the Awards ceremony on 7 June we will feature which company is sponsoring each poem.
– There is an accompanying poetry trail around the park for the summer and on the map for this it will show the names of sponsoring companies.
– In our newsletter to Friends of Horsham Park (we have over 300 friends) we will list the names of sponsors.
To sponsor a poem, please contact Sally Sanderson, Chair of Friends of Horsham Park at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo: Poets’ Corner in Horsham Park (credit: Jack Morrice)